Part of planning your wedding includes making decisions about music…and even more specifically, includes choosing a first dance. I Do Dances is an amazing Asheville dance studio who will work with you to create a personalized choreographed first dance for you and your guests to enjoy on your wedding day.
We love this description of the first dance tradition from their website:
The First Dance celebrates and symbolizes the beginning of your new life together. What a perfect opportunity to turn what could potentially be an awkward, uncomfortable moment in to an outrageously fun bonding experience that you and your guests will be talking about for years.
No matter what kind of dance you’re looking for—swanky and smooth or funky and offbeat—we’ll make sure you’re looking good.
You feel comfortable with your dancing ability? Great, we’ll show it off! Your knees knock together with the thought of dancing in public AND you have no experience? Not a problem. We know the secret to tapping the treasure of your undiscovered dance talent. It WILL reveal itself.
Our only non-negotiable rule is that you have FUN! Planning a wedding can be stressful enough. Consider this your play time!
And the process of creating a choreographed first dance with I Do Dances is super simple!
1. Choose your music.
2. Meet with Kathleen so she can learn a little bit about you two and what you want out of your dance.
3. Kathleen will choreograph your personalized dance.
4. Meet again to teach you the dance and make a video of you dancing for use in your future rehearsals.
5. You rehearse whenever you get stressed out (remember, dance is a stress reliever) or want to have fun.
6. You dance yourself married!
Seems like a no brainer to us!