My name is Alanna (Lana) Weber and I am the new Studio Manager at StudioWed Denver! I am so excited to be working with Debbie and all of the event professionals here. I developed a love of weddings after planning my own wedding in September 2011. I got involved with the wedding industry during my last semester of college at the University of Colorado Denver. For my internship class, I was given the amazing opportunity to work with Tara at Spruce Mountain Ranch, and she introduced me to the event planning world. After graduating in May 2012, I worked with two caterers (Summit Catering and Picnic Basket Catering) in Colorado Springs. My husband and I are in the process of moving back to Denver, and I am excited to meet more vendors in the Denver area.
Here are a few little things about myself:
- I grew up on a farm in southeast Colorado, and I miss that lifestyle very much. I have always wanted to get back to the county and own a ranch that I can hopefully use as a venue!
- I graduated with a Communications Degree in May 2012 from UCDenver. I chose a Communications Degree so that I could become an event planner.
- I lived in Switzerland for 6 months on a 4-H scholarship. I fell in love with the culture and the landscape! I think of it as my second home.
- My husband proposed to me at the Colosseum in Rome. That was the beginning of our love story. I think that is one of the reasons I love weddings so much, I’m a hopeless romantic!
- I have a pet bunny. Her name is Spaz. She definitely isn’t your typical house pet but she is quite fun!
- My husband and I are in the process of buying our first house here in Denver, and we are so excited!
I am so grateful for this opportunity to work with some of the best wedding professionals in Colorado. I look forward to taking another step into the event planning industry!