I LOVE picking at the StudioWed Asheville wedding planners brains and finding out what is trending in the wedding industry this season! Every season there are new trends that are becoming popular, and there are definitely ones that need to go! However, lets not focus on the negatives and instead focus on the new and improved wedding trends of 2016!
We reached out to our friends over at Verge Events to find out what they are loving currently! Sarah, one of Verge Events wedding designers, chimed in with some great new wedding trends that are oh so trendy currently! Enjoy and happy planning!
1) Acrylic – we’re moving away from the rustic and onto modern! Acrylic chairs are very popular right now. Also acrylic signage, we looooooove this trend, it’s different and sleek and clean. Everything looks like it’s floating.
photo credit :: Verge Events Instagram
2) No Jane Bond’s here – This is actually what one of my grooms said when I tried to put a boutonniere on him. He said “well guys! looks like we just went from James Bond to Jane Bond”. The traditional boutonniere is being replaced with something a little more masculine feeling, gears, wood and leather are being integrated into the design. Or we’re just seeing weddings get rid of them all together and having pocket squares instead.
3) The neutral club just got bigger! – Typically we think of white and black as neutrals. We just inducted a whole new set of members into the club including navy, grey and Ivory . Don’t be afraid of mixing black and navy or white and Ivory. Or black and grey and navy and white AND IVORY!!
4) Hangover kits! – You’re guests partied their booties off for you! Now you have to help them recover, they will be very grateful to you if in the morning all they have to do is roll over and pop some aspirin and drink some Emergen-C. Better yet, if you give them something to take BEFORE they start drinking, like Drinwel, they will be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for your brunch the next day.
5) Copper! – Different metals in general are taking center stage. Iron, steel, copper. Mixing a little bit of industrial with a little bit of glam!